Become a Coach
USA Luge uses certified coaches to assist with training of athletes in Lake Placid, NY, Park City, UT, Negaunee, MI, and Muskegon, MI.
Coaches are required to know the rules of the sport, have first aid certification, have certification in the American Sport Education Program as well as other paperwork completed.
From Time to Time, USA Luge offers courses to certify coaches.
All components of the certification must be successfully completed, and be on file at the USLA.
Mark Grimmette, Director of Sport, will be responsible for compiling the information presented by individuals. .
OVERVIEW OF COURSE and COSTS
- USA Luge Membership $50
- ASEP Course (American Sport Education Program). Total course cost $60 approximately
- National Officials Course. Total course cost $25. Must be updated every 2 years - at no charge
- CPR/First Aid. Cost varies. Needs to be updated every 2 years
- Safe Sport Course - no charge. Needs to be updated every 2 years
- Proof of completion of 15 hours apprenticeship (no charge)
- Signed Coaching Ethics Code document (no charge)
- Criminal and Vehicular back ground checks (every two years). Done by USLA, Cost paid by Club